These simple but flavorful eggplants are an elegant dinner idea. Easy to make and to share!
- Servings 2-4
- 1 hr.
- 1 cup of Bufarella Cheese Bites
- 2 Eggplants
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 slices of Ham
- 4 Pear Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Cut the eggplants in half, carve a crisscross pattern on top of each half. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until tender.
- Cut pear tomatoes in quarters, add salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until cooked.
- Cut ham into small squares. Remove eggplant pulp with spoon (but leave enough to keep eggplant shape). Mix pulp with roasted pear tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, ham squares, mustard and a bit of olive oil.
- Stuff the eggplants with mixture and top with the cheese bites and fresh basil leaves.
Remove the ham from the recipe to make it a vegetarian dish.