Reinvent the classic Mexican tinga with this delicious recipe made with different mushrooms.
- Servings 4-8
- 20 mins.
- 1 cup Portobello Mushroom, julienned
- 1 cup Shitake Mushroom, julienned
- 1 cup Oyster Mushroom, julienned
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, julienned
- 1 cup Cabbage
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, cooked
- 2 Garlic cloves, grilled
- Chipotle peppers, to taste
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth (alt. Chicken Broth)
- Corn Tostadas
- Pickled Onions
- Refried Beans
- Sour Cream
- Queso Fresco
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the 10.5″ skillet at medium-high temperature for 2 minutes. Add the onion and mushrooms, sauté for a minute, add the cabbage and sauté for another minute.
- On the Vort-x blender mix the tomatoes, garlic, chipotle peppers and stock and blend at full speed for 35 seconds or until it becomes a homogeneous paste.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet, lower temperature to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes. Stir so that the mushrooms soak the sauce.
- Build up the tostadas spreading refried beans, 2 tbsp. of the tinga and garnish with sour cream, cheese and avocado.
Use vegan cream and cheese to turn this recipe into 100% vegan friendly.