Guest Chef Jocelyn Ramirez from Todo Verde shares her recipe for a spectacular vegetarian pozole.
- Servings 2-4
- 1 hr.
- 1⁄2 lb. Tomatillo (Green Tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 Jalapeño pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups Veggie Broth
- 1 1⁄2 cup Hominy
- 1⁄4 tsp. Cumin Powder
- Pinch of Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1⁄4 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Radish, quartered, garnish
- 1⁄4 cup Purple Cabbage, shredded, garnish
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro, garnish
- Lime wedges, garnish
- Preheat charbroiler to medium.
- Char jalapeño and tomatillo on charbroiler until slightly blackened. Place aside and allow to cool.
- Once jalapeños and tomatillos have come to room temperature, add to blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat a pot to medium heat and add oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and pinch salt, and stir until golden.
- Add tomatillo puree, vegetable broth, hominy, cumin, oregano, bay, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
Serve in a bowl garnished with radish wedges, shredded cabbage, cilantro sprigs, lemon wedge.