This moist chocolate cake recipe with oil is an easy to make and delicious treat, ideal for when you want to show off your baking skills.
- Servings 8
Looking for a simple moist chocolate cake recipe that will blow everyone away? Search no further!
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup of Mazola® Corn Oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ cup sugar or cane sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ almond meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate coarsely chopped
How to make the Moist Chocolate Cake with Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease an 8-inch cake pan with Mazola® Corn Oil and line the bottom of it with baking paper.
- Put the milk and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the sugar, almond flour, almond meal, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add the Mazola® Corn Oil, cider vinegar and vanilla extract and whisk until the batter is thick and smooth but pretty runny.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350° or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack before you invert it, about 10-15 minutes or so.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake, invert onto a serving plate or cake stand.
- Mix the dark chocolate already coarsely chopped with the Mazola® Corn Oil and melt the mix on a double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the already inverted cake.
- Finally, decorate with sliced strawberries.
Liked this recipe? Check out more delicious cake recipes here!
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola® Corn Oil.
Please note that:
Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.