Ready to have a new favorite? This milanesa de carne recipe (or breaded beef fillets) has become a staple through the continent. Try them once...no way back!
- Servings 6
- 1 1/2 lb. Beef Round Steak
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 handful Parsley, chopped
- 1 lb. Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Dry Oregano
- Slice the steak into cutlets of about half an inch in width.
- Flatten the cutlets using your hand or a weight.
- Mix the 6 eggs, salt, garlic and parsley on a large bowl. Cover the cutlets in the mix.
- Coat the cutlets in bread crumbs making sure its even on both sides.
- Fry the breaded cutlets in hot oil until golden. Reserve with a paper towel to absorb the remaining oil.
- Transfer into a baking pan, add a tablespoon of tomato sauce, a slice of mozzarella and a pinch of oregano on top of each cutlet.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve with a side of French fries and a fried egg on top.
Quick fact about breaded beef fillets (or milanesas!)
In Latin America serving the steak or fries with an egg on top is a style called ‘a caballo’. Even though it can cause an instant heart attack…it’s worth it! You can also add cheese and marinara sauce on top. This version is called “Napolitana”.