These mouthwatering and refreshing mezcal popsicles are a perfect way to beat the heat this summer!
- Servings 3-6
- 15 mins. + Freeze time
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup fresh squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Granadine
- 3 tbsp. Mezcal Reposado
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt plus another tbsp. for Chili Salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground dry Guajillo Chili plus 1/4 tsp. for Chili Salt
- In a sauce pan, combine the water and sugar. Allow to cook over medium heat until sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from fire and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the syrup into a food processor or blender with orange juice, grenadine, mezcal, 1 tsp. of salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground guajillo chili.
- Pour mixture in your paleta molds and allow to freeze overnight.
- To make chile guajillo chili salt, mix together salt and chile powder and put inside a small shaker.
- After you’ve removed the paleta from its mold, sprinkle extra guajillo chili salt on top.
Make a kid friendly version substituting mezcal for 1/3 cup Pineapple or Lemon Juice.