Margarita Chicken Taquitos
These mouthwatering taquitos with a citrus infused flavor are an easy option for dinner or a perfect appetizer for sharing.
- Servings 4-6
- 1 hr. + 5 hrs. marinate
- 1 cup Mazola® Corn Oil, +2 tbsp., +2-3 tbsp.
- ½ cup Margarita mix
- 3 tbsp. Agave syrup
- ½ cup Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- ¾ cup fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 16 Corn Tortillas, taco size
For the chicken:
- Place cilantro, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in the bowl of a blender. Pour in margarita mix, lime juice, orange juice, and agave. Puree on high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to medium-low, and slowly add 1 cup Mazola corn oil, continue blending until creamy.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or a large glass bowl, pour margarita marinade over the chicken, toss to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate for 5 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Mazola corn oil in a large skillet.
- Preheat oven to 425°F placing a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and sauté in large skillet for about 7 to 10 minutes, turning once. Cook until golden brown and internal temperature is 165°F. Remove chicken from skillet and cool. Once chicken is completely cooled, slice into thin strips and set aside.
For the taquitos:
- Place tortillas on the baking sheet and put them in the warm oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are soft. When soft, place in a tortilla warmer.
- Fill the tortilla with chicken, about ½ cup, roll tortilla and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Brush the taquitos with remaining Mazola corn oil and sprinkle with margarita salt.
- Bake in a preheat oven 425°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a side of pico de gallo or fresh guacamole.
Did you know Mazola® Corn Oil may help lower cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil*? * Maki KC, Lawless Al, Kelley KM, Kaden VN, Dicklin MR. Benefits of corn oil compared to extra virgin olive oil consumption on the plasma lipid profile in men and women with elevated cholesterol: results from a controlled feeding trial. J. Clin. Lipidol. January/February 2015 issue. Study sponsored in part by ACH Food Companies, Inc. For more information visit Mazola.com. ©2018 ACH Food Companies, Inc.