These mouthwatering Baked Chicken Taquitos with a citrus infused flavor are an easy option for dinner or a perfect appetizer for sharing.
- Servings 4-6
- 1 hr. + 5 hrs. marinate
Ingredients for the Margarita Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 1 cup of heart healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil, +2 tbsp., +2-3 tbsp.
- ½ cup Margarita mix
- 3 tbsp. Agave syrup
- ½ cup Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- ¾ cup fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 16 Corn Tortillas, taco size
How to make the Margarita Baked Chicken Taquitos
How to prepare the Baked Chicken Taquitos’ filling:
- Place the cilantro, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in the bowl of a blender. Pour in the margarita mix, lime juice, orange juice, and agave. Puree on high speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to medium-low, and slowly add 1 cup of heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil. Continue blending until creamy.
- Place the 3 boneless chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or a large glass bowl, pour the margarita marinade over the chicken, toss to coat the chicken breasts evenly. Refrigerate for 5 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil in a large skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, placing a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and sauté them in a large skillet for about 7 to 10 minutes, turning them once. Cook the chicken breasts until they are golden brown and their internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and cool them. Once they are completely cooled, slice them into thin strips and set them aside.
How to make the Baked Chicken Taquitos:
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet and put them in the warm oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are soft. When soft, place them in a tortilla warmer.
- Fill each tortilla with the chicken strips, about ½ cup, roll the tortilla and place it with the seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush the taquitos with the remaining heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil and sprinkle with margarita salt.
- Bake the Chicken Taquitos in a preheat oven 425°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
- Serve the Baked Chicken Taquitos with a side of pico de gallo or fresh guacamole.
How about trying some Chicken Fajitas or more delicious chicken recipes? See more here.
Looking for more heart healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil’s recipes? Check these out!
Did you know heart healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil may help lower cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil**?
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
** Maki KC, Lawless Al, Kelley KM, Kaden VN, Dicklin MR. Benefits of corn oil compared to extra virgin olive oil consumption on the plasma lipid profile in men and women with elevated cholesterol: results from a controlled feeding trial. J. Clin. Lipidol. January/February 2015 issue. Study sponsored in part by ACH Food Companies, Inc. For more information visit Mazola.com. ©2018 ACH Food Companies, Inc.
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola®