Mantecadas de Naranja
Delicious, practical and easy to make, these mantecadas are a Latin classic to bake all through fall.
- Servings 12 pc.
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- ½ cup MAZOLA® CORN OIL
- 1 tsp. Orange extract
- Zest of 1 large Orange
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Instant Yeast
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cupcake tin with paper cups.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and yeast in one medium size bowl, and set aside.
- Place egg and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Add with milk, orange juice and orange extract.
- Gradually mix in the MAZOLA® CORN OIL using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gently stir in the dry ingredients until uniform and let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the batter into prepared paper cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Did you know Mazola® Corn Oil may help lower cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil*? * Maki KC, Lawless Al, Kelley KM, Kaden VN, Dicklin MR. Benefits of corn oil compared to extra virgin olive oil consumption on the plasma lipid profile in men and women with elevated cholesterol: results from a controlled feeding trial. J. Clin. Lipidol. January/February 2015 issue. Study sponsored in part by ACH Food Companies, Inc. For more information visit Mazola.com. ©2018 ACH Food Companies, Inc.