Mouthwatering fresh oysters with a spicy granita made with the famous habanero sauce from Yucatán, Mexico.
- Servings 1 dz.
- 20 mins. + 4 hrs. prep
- 1 dozen Kumamoto Oysters
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Habaneros
- 4 Oranges
- 2 Limes
- Finely chopped the tomatoes, onion, habaneros, garlic and cilantro; add the juice of the oranges and lime.
- Mix and add salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit for 4 hours.
- Strain the juice and put it in the flat pan in the freezer. Constantly scrape the liquid with a fork so it forms crystals. Repeat for 5 times every 20 mins until frozen.
- Clean and shuck the oysters.
- Add a little of the xni-pec mix and then top it with granita.
- Garnish with micro greens.
Xni-Pec is a Mayan word meaning ‘Dog’s Snout’, since this hot sauce can make you sweat like a dog’s nose when eaten.