A mouth-watering vegetarian healthy version of Mexican fajitas, from guest Chef Jocelyn Ramirez from Todo Verde.
- Servings 4-6
- 40 mins.
- 2 20 oz. cans Green Jackfruit in brine, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers, ¼ inch slices
- 2 cups Zucchini, ¼ inch slices
- ½ bunch Cilantro, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Chili Flakes
- ¾ cup Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- In a medium bowl, Add jackfruit and all dry ingredients and mix together. Add ½ cup oil.
- Preheat nonstick pan to medium high heat.
- Add jackfruit to pan, and allow to brown all around. Use the back of a spoon to break down jackfruit pieces until it is shredded.
- Add peppers, zucchini, and cilantro to the jackfruit, and continue to cook until all ingredients are cooked through. Reserve minced cilantro for garnish.
- Add remaining oil and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve as tacos with warm soft corn tortillas.