You can make these easy crispy breakfast potatoes with onions in just 5 steps and will make a delicious breakfast idea for those cold (and not so cold) mornings.
- Servings 4
- 1 hour 15'
How do you make breakfast potatoes from scratch? Glad you asked! Try this easy crispy breakfast potatoes in the oven recipe.
- 1/4 cup heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil**
- 5 pounds red potatoes (2 lbs.), chopped/diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make the Easy Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Then, in a large bowl, toss together the chopped potatoes, garlic, onion, green, red bell peppers and Mazola© Corn Oil**. Add seasoned salt and Cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle the pan with Mazola© Corn Oil** and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan twice, so the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Raise the heat to 500 degrees and bake until the breakfast potatoes and vegetables are golden and crisp outside and tender inside (approximately 10 to 15 minutes).
- Once your Easy Crispy Breakfast Potatoes are done, serve them with eggs any style you prefer, and enjoy!
Check out more easy breakfast recipes here!
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
**Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.