Honey Lime Sweet Potato Mash
Enjoy this easy velvety and creamy sweet potato mash as a side dish for any holiday feast.
- Servings 4
- 4 lbs. Sweet Potato / Yam
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp. Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 Lime, juiced
- ¼ cup Honey, locally sourced preferred
- 1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Pecans, to garnish
- Chopped Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and wrap the sweet potatoes or yams in foil and place them on a sheettray to bake for about 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- Once baked, remove them from their skins and place the flesh in a medium bowl. In that bowl add in heavy cream, Mazola Oil, honey, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, whisk to combine and smooth. Add 1 tbsp. at a time to adjust consistency in your mash.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and enjoy.