How do you make mozzarella pizza? Follow this easy homemade Mozzarella Pizza recipe for a great Friday night dinner!
- Servings 8
- 1 hour 15'
Finally! A homemade Mozzarella Pizza recipe that helps you prevent pizza with fresh mozzarella from being watery.
- For the dough:
- 4 tbsp of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 envelope of dried yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp fine sea salt
- 10 oz. warm water
- For the toppings:
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper
- 8 Basil leaves
How to make the homemade Mozzarella Pizza
- Mix the flour together with the yeast, the sugar and 10 oz. warm water and leave for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the salt and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the Mazola® Corn Oil into the well, followed by the yeast mix. Using a spoon, bring the flour into the middle from the sides, mixing slowly until a dough begins to form. Work the rest together with your hands.
- When combined, tip the dough onto a floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Clean out your mixing bowl, dust it with flour and put the dough back into the bowl. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- When the dough is risen, punch out the air and tip onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough for 1–2 minutes to push out any excess air.
- When you’re ready to make the pizza, divide the dough into 2 equal balls and keep them covered.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the sauce over the pizza base. Add the slices of mozzarella cheese. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the base crisps and the cheese melts.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the sauce over the pizza base. Add the slices of mozzarella cheese. Season with pepper and add some basil leaves. Serve warm.
Liked this recipe? Check out more great homemade dinner ideas here!
Are mozzarella balls good for pizza?
Even though fresh mozzarella might be great for pizza, it requires extra prep work if you don’t want to end up with a watery pizza. So making your homemade mozzarella pizza using mozzarella balls is the easiest way to.
How do I stop my pizza from going watery with mozzarella?
Instead of immediately adding the mozzarella once you sliced it, set the slices on a paper.and let it rest for 15 minutes. This will absorb any excess moisture.
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola® Corn Oil.
Please note that:
Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.