Hibiscus Red Velvet Cupcakes
What is the secret to a moist cupcake? This easy Hibiscus Red Velvet cupcakes recipe will change your cupcake game! Check it out to make the best most moist red velvet cupcakes you've ever seen!
- Servings 24
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola®
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cups Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup Hibiscus Tea
- 2 large brown eggs
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- Cream cheese frosting
- Sprinkles of choice
Cooking tools needed
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer (optional)
- 2 muffin tray pans
- Muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners of your choice and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl gently beat together Mazola Corn oil, buttermilk, eggs, vinegar, vanilla, hibiscus tea and food coloring with an electric mixer or whisk.
- Add dry ingredients in batches to the wet. Gently mix until smooth and combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake liners, filling each to about 2⁄3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool once done.
- Once cooled, add your frosting and favorite sprinkles and enjoy.
Many wonder if cupcakes are better with oil or butter.
Lots of bakers favor oil made cupcakes to butter made cupcakes because they are more moist and oils like the heart healthy Mazola® Corn Oil help bring out the sugar and flavors of the cupcake. What oil does to cupcakes is to keem them moist, tender and flavorful for longer time than cupcakes that have been prepared with butter.