Looking for a quick snack this 4th of July? Try this Latin spin on the classic American grilled cheese sandwich.
- Servings 1-2
- 15 mins.
- 4 slices Bread
- 1 cup Spicy Mayo
- 1 pack sliced Cheese, Monterrey Jack or Monterey/Cheddar recommended
- 3 tbsp. Friend Onion Strings
- 1/2 can Hatch Chiles
- 1-2 Avocados
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Spread spicy mayo on each slice of bread. Build up sandwich with slices of cheese, onion strings, hatch chiles and sliced avocado.
- Butter slightly each slice on the outward side and transfer to a skillet on medium-low heat.
- Grill for about 5 minutes until sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Try different version with Latin cheeses like Mexican String Cheese, Panela cheese, Manchego or Asadero.