Let this fragrant and exquisite Green Chicken Pozole envelop your tastebuds, your home, and your heart.
- Servings 40
- 1 hr. 10 mins.
- 8 lbs. Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless
- 12 lt. Chicken Broth or Water
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 White Onion, chopped
- 6 cups Mexican-style Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 lbs. precooked Mexican-style hominy, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cabbage, shredded (Cone #4)
- Radish, sliced (Cone #4)
- Avocado, sliced
- White Onion, small chopped
- Lime, quartered
- Ground Oregano
- Mexican Corn Tostadas
- In the 20‐quart Stock Pot, add chicken breasts, chicken broth, cloves garlic and white onion. Cover and cook at high temperature until the Redi‐ Temp® valve whistles (approximately 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, with the Royal Vort‐XTM blend salsa verde and the pumpkin seeds, at full speed for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Using the Royal Cutter, shred cabbage and slice the radishes, using Cone #4. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, carefully remove it from the pot and shred it with the help of 2 forks. Continue cooking all ingredients already in the pot at medium‐low heat.
- In the same pot, add salsa verde, hominy, cilantro, shredded chicken and salt to taste. Cover with the valve open, and cook at high temperature until it whistles (in 8 to 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and, when the valve stops whistling, close it and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Serve Pozole with the garnishes. Enjoy!