If you still don’t know how to make rice but want to look like a pro, this easy Rice Pilaf is the ideal rice recipe to show off your chops.
- Servings 4
This easy Rice Pilaf is one of our favorite easy rice recipes for dinner.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE EASY RICE PILAF WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, ALMONDS AND HERBS
- 3 tablespoons of heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon baharat (peppercorns, coriander, cumin, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, paprika, and nutmeg)
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Raisins, to taste
- Cilantro and parsley, to taste
- Toasted almonds, to taste
HOW TO PREPARE THIS EASY RICE PILAF
- To begin your easy rice pilaf, cook the rice (lowering the heat to medium), for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, warm the 3 tablespoons of heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Then, add the onion, baharat and salt and mix them. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook the mix until the onion is caramelized, (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile toast the almonds for 5 minutes. Chop them and set them aside.
- Chop the herbs and also set them aside.
- If the rice is cold, warm it up a bit and then put it in a salad bowl. Add the onions, raisins and herbs, drizzle oil and zest the lemon in.
- Toss and taste your easy Rice Pilaf, and correct the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the easy Rice Pilaf with Caramelized Onions, almonds and Herbs as a salad or side dish and enjoy!
Looking for more easy rice recipes? Try these out!
This recipe is brought to you by heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil. Check out all the amazing dishes you can make!
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil. See www.mazola.com for information about the relationship between corn oil and heart disease.