Is this the best carrot cake recipe? Of course! Is it an easy carrot cake recipe as well? Yes! Look no further and enjoy this flavorful, frosted carrot cake.
- Servings 1 cake
- 2 hours
Craving for a moist carrot cake but they keep turning dry? Check this easy carrot cake recipe out and never look back!
- For the cake:
- 1 cup Mazola® Corn Oil, plus a little extra for the pan
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup walnuts, plus a few extra for decoration
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the frosting:
- 6 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extrac
How to make the Easy Carrot Cake
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350º F. Paint 2 round cake pans withMazola® Corn Oil.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, and lightly whisk.
- Add Mazola® Corn Oil to the eggs and whisk again.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Add the flour, mixed spice, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the grated carrots, chopped walnuts and orange zest. Make sure there are no pockets of flour.
- Split and spoon the cake batter into the two pans and bake on the middle shelf for 1 – 1¼ hours.
- Remove from the oven and set aside in the pan to cool for 10mins, and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting: Place the butter in a large bowl with the sugar, beat it for 2-3 minutes until light and creamy, then beat in the cream cheese until smooth.
- Place the bottom cake onto a serving plate or cake stand. Use a wide flat bladed knife or spatula to spread the frosting over the top.
- Place the top cake and press.
- Finally, spread the rest of the frosting over the top. Sprinkle more walnuts on the top.
Is carrot cake better with oil or butter?
Carrot cake is oil-based. The oil helps keep it moist and good for days.
To make an airy Easy Carrot Cake that does not flatten when baking, don’t overcompensate by adding too much baking powder! Follow strictly the quantities listed in this recipe and make sure to vigorously beat the eggs and wisk them with the brown sugar, then gently add the Mazola® Corn Oil and whisk again.
Want to try more easy baking recipes? See more here!
What’s the best way to grate carrots for carrot cake?
Just make sure to select the finest holes on your cheese grater!
But what can I use if I don’t have a grater?
If you have a food processor with a shredding disk, you’re all set!. Even if it has regular blades, you can break the carrots in a few rounds.
A mandoline or a peeler. It will take some more time, but they’ll get the job done.
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola® Corn Oil
Please note that:
Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.