Love when your breakfast muffins are extra moist? Try this easy blueberry muffins recipe with oil!
- Servings 12
This easy blueberry muffins recipe is ideal for a sweet break!
- ¾ cup of Mazola® Corn Oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of vanilla yogurt
- ½ tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
How to make the easy Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350º. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together oil and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt and lemon zest. Whisk until the mixture is fluffy and thick.
- In a small bowl, toss together the blueberries with about 2 tbsp of the flour. Set aside.
- Add the remaining flour and baking powder and mix.
- With a spatula, fold in the blueberries.
- Add the mix to the muffin liners. You can use an ice cream scoop to make sure you add the same amount of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or insert a toothpick and if it comes dry, the muffins are ready.
How can I make my muffins more moist?
Lots of bakers favor oil made cupcakes to butter made muffins because they are more moist and oils like Mazola® Corn Oil help bring out the sugar and flavors of the cupcake. What oil does to muffins is to keep them moist, tender and flavorful for a longer time than cupcakes that have been prepared with butter.
Liked this recipe? Check out more amazing breakfast ideas here!
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola® Corn Oil.
Please note that:
Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.