This easy banana bread recipe will guarantee you a moist banana bread and the best comfort food you could ask for.
- Servings 10
In need of comfort food? This Easy Banana Bread will satisfy your craving.
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup MAZOLA Corn Oil*
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
How to prepare this Easy Banana Bread
- Start by preheating the oven to 350º F.
- Then lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with Mazola© Corn Oil.
- We’re ready to start mixing! In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the Mazola© Corn Oil* and sugar.
- In the latter bowl, stir in the eggs and the mashed bananas until the mix is well blended.
- Once your banana mixture is well blended, stir it into the flour mixture, and add chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Then just let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving on a plate, and you’re ready to enjoy it while relaxing on your favorite cozy couch!
What is the difference between banana bread and banana cake?
While a banana cake is made like a butter cake but with the addition of mashed banana, this Easy Banana Bread is firmer (it’s perfect for slicing and serving for breakfast or brunch!)
Is “Why is my banana bread not fluffy?” a question you keep repeating to yourself?
Then you’re overmixing the batter. For the banana bread to be tender, remember to always gently stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola© Corn Oil*. Check out these delicious recipes!
*Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.