If you always wanted to know how to make the perfect fajita, try this Baked Chicken Fajitas recipe. These easy chicken fajitas are ideal for any weeknight!
- Servings 4
This easy oven Baked Chicken Fajitas recipe is ideal for any weeknight.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into strips
- 1 white onion, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp heart healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil
- Mazola® Pan Spray,
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serve your Baked Chicken Fajitas with
- Large Flour tortillas
- Sour Cream
How to prepare the Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 1. Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees. Using a large bowl, mix in all dry spices, garlic, cilantro, brown sugar and heart healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil. Stir to combine.
- 2. Next gently mix in your peppers, onion and chicken into the bowl with the marinade. Then you should set the chicken fajitas mix aside for at least 15 min.
- 3. Lay onto a lined sheet tray sprayed generously with Mazola® Oil Spray in an even layer. Procede to roast the chicken fajitas for about 25 minutes, until they are cooked through and after some color has been achieved. Serve the Baked Chicken fFajitas with tortillas and your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Looking for more easy recipes to make with heart healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil? Check these out!
Are fajitas made with corn or flour tortillas?
Definitely prepare the Baked Chicken Fajitas with flour tortillas. You wouldn’t be able to fit the chicken strips, peppers, onion, sour cream and salsa into a corn tortilla without it falling apart.
What do you serve with chicken fajitas?
If you want to indulge yourself, some side dishes you can try with your Baked Chicken Fajitas are refried beans or chile with cheese. You can also prepare a nice, fresh avocado, cilantro, tomato and corn salad.
Want to go pro at your own restaurant-at-home and are wondering how are fajitas traditionally served?
Then you should bring the fajita chicken meat and the vegetables to the table sizzling on a skillet, along with the already warmed tortillas and the salsa and sour cream. You’ll get 5 star reviews!
How do you eat fajitas with tortillas?
Yes, there are table manners for eating fajitas:
Always spread the soft fillings (the onions, red and poblano peppers) onto the tortilla first, then add the strips of chicken and top with the sour cream and salsa.
Then roll up the tortilla and enjoy! (It’s better if you eat it from one end).
What toppings go on fajitas?
Some of our favorite fajitas toppings besides sour cream and salsa are cheese and guacamole!
So: what’s the difference between a fajita and a wrap?
Actually, “Fajitas” is the name for the grilled meat and vegetables (it translates to “strips” or “little strips”), while the tortilla is the flour thin wrapping which you will fill with all of the delicious Baked Chicken Fajitas recipe’s ingredients.
Do you want more chicken recipes? Check this list!
Or do you prefer a vegetarian fajitas recipe? Then try our Jackfruit Fajitas!
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola®
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil. See more information at Mazola.com.