Celebrate Easter baking these mouthwatering chocolate cupcakes with a hidden surprise!
- Servings 12 cupcakes
- 45 mins,
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 3 tbsp. Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp. White Vinegar
- Chocolate Crème Eggs
- Colored Buttercream Frosting
- Sprinkles, Easter decorations
- Place in a mixing bowl the sugar, baking soda, flour and salt.
- In a different bowl dissolve instant coffee in hot water, add vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Whisk together, then pour into flour mixture.
- Add oil, chocolate chips and vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into lined cupcake tins. Place a crème egg inside each cupcake, making sure it’s coated in the batter and doesn’t touch the cupcake tin.
- Bake cupcakes 20-25 mins at 350°F
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, transfer cupcakes individually to a rack and cool completely.
- Decorate with buttercream frosting, candy Easter eggs and sprinkles.
Pro Tips to make the most amazing Easter Chocolate Egg Cupcakes!
Make the buttercream beating 2 cups of unsalted butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 4 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
Do you love cupcakes?
Here are other cupcake options for you!