Dulce de Leche is the cornerstone of many desserts from Latin America, and it’s easier to make than you think!
- Servings 1-2
- 3 hrs.
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 clean Bowl
- 1 Deep Glass Dish
- Hot water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sweetened condensed milk into bowl. Place in deep glass dish. Make sure the dish is about the same or deeper than the depthness as the bowl.
- Add hot water to about ¾ of the bowl.
- Place in oven.
- After 2 hours, remove and mix well. The color will be a medium caramel color. Cover and place in oven again.
- After an hour, the color should be a deep caramel color and the consistency should be much thicker.
- Remove from water bath and store in airtight container.
Check out our recipes for dulce de leche desserts!