Decorate these delicious and easy to make mole enchiladas for your Día de Los Muertos altar.
- Servings 4
- 30 mins.
- 8-12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken
- ½ cup Cotija Cheese
- ½ cup Queso Fresco
- 2 cups Oaxacan Black Mole
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 25 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Cut chicken into smaller pieces, place in a large bowl, and shred manually.
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil and warm tortillas until soft. Immediately transfer to a plate and cover with linen to keep warm.
- To assemble the enchiladas, place one tortilla in the center of a plate. Fill with shredded chicken and cheese. Roll up and place in baking sheet with the seal down.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with sour cream.
- Remove enchiladas from the oven. Cover with black mole and decorate a skull on top with the sour cream.
- Decorate with marigold flowers.
You may use other types of mole, depending of its availability at your local grocery store.