This crêpe recipe is a mixture of Italian, Spanish and French influences from the immigrants that populated Latin America.
- Servings 4-6
For the crêpe dough:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp. Oil
For the filling:
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 Red Onion, chopped, lightly fried in olive oil
- 2 cups Spinach, boiled
- 1 Chicken breast, boiled in broth
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
For the Bechamel sauce:
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- Salt, pepper and Nutmeg
- Make the filling with the ricotta, the boiled spinach, well drained and chopped, the lightly fried onion, the shredded chicken breast, the grated mozzarella, salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients for the crêpe dough with a mixer and set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes. Make the crêpes in a pan at low heat with very little butter.
- Fill the crêpes and place them in a baking tin with a base of cream or bechamel sauce and olive oil.
- Cover with the Bechamel sauce, grated cheese.
- Bake 15-20 mins. at 350°F and put in the oven until it’s cooked.