Creamy Chipotle Chicken
You've never tried a chicken recipe like this before. A delicious choice for lunch or dinner with a luxuriously creamy chipotle sauce. This healthy chicken recipe will stun you.
- Servings 4
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 chipotle peppers
- 1 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium preferred
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. cream
- 1 tbsp. cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Chop the chipotle peppers and cilantro.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts on the skillet for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts, reserve on a plate and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat and add 2 tbsp. oil on the skillet
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add garlic, chipotle peppers and paprika.
- Add the chicken broth, adobo sauce and cream cheese, stir until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, coat them in the sauce.Â
- Cover the pan, reduce heat to medium-low for about 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked. Spoon sauce over the chicken breasts regularly.
- Once chicken is cooked turn off the heat and remove.
- Serve chicken breasts with sauce spooned over the top, sprinkle chopped cilantro.
Pro Tips for a spectacular Creamy Chipotle Chicken
Try our Cilantro Lime Rice recipe as a side dish for this plate!