This fresh and delicious coleslaw is a great idea for a Thanksgiving side dish!
- Servings 4
- 30 mins.
- 1 small Cabbage
- 2 Corn Cubs, boiled in water for 5-10 mins.
- 1 small Red Onion
- Handful Cilantro
- ¼ cup Pepita Seeds
For the dressing
- 1 Lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Veganaise
- 1 tsp. Mustard
- ½ tsp. Coarse Salt
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. smoked Paprika or Black Pepper (optional)
- Slice the cabbage and the onion as finely as you can and add them into a large bowl. Cut the kernels off the cobs (Cutting close to the cob) then put them into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the cilantro and add it into the bowl.
- Toast the pepitas on a skillet over low heat or in a 300°F degrees preheated oven for 2-5 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let the pepitas cool down then add them to the salad bowl.
- Make the dressing squeezing the lemon and put it into a small mixing bowl. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and beat with an egg beater or fork, until everything is well combined.
- Pure the dressing over the salad, toss and serve immediately.