Fall wouldn’t be fall without the taste of warm churros, and now you can have them for breakfast with this easy recipe.
- Servings 2-4
- 1 ¼ cup + 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ cups Water
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Preheat waffle press. Set to medium heat and spray both sides with a non-stick spray.
- Boil water with ½ cup butter over medium heat until the butter melts completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and 1 ¼ cup sugar with baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to water and melted butter. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Portion batter out using a ¼ cup ice cream scoop or ladle. Pour into waffle press and allow to cook until golden brown, usually about 5-10 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Remove waffle, drizzle with melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar.
- Garnish with banana slices and chocolate syrup.