Chorizo Queso Fundido
A cheesy delight to share with friends.
- Servings 6
- 15 mins.
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, rough chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 5 oz. fresh chorizo
- 8 oz. Oaxaca cheese
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Mexican beer
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips/flour tortilla, for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss the cheeses with the flour. Reserve.
- Add the olive oil to a medium-sized skillet and bring it to the stove over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion until it begins to soften.
- Add the chorizo, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until it starts to brown. Remove from the skillet and set into a separate bowl.
- In the same pan, over medium heat, add the beer and let it simmer.
- When simmering, start to add the cheese, slowly. Whisk constantly and only add the next handful of cheese once the previous one has melted.
- Once all the cheese has melted and is smooth, stir back in the chorizo/onion mixture.
- Spoon the salsa over the queso.
Serve as a dip with tortilla chips and warm flour tortillas.