Prepare these fun jalapeño poppers for a Cinco de Mayo party, a flavorful combination of smoky and spicy.
- Servings 4
- 6 large Jalapeño Peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 6 Mini Bell Peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 1 cup Gouda Cheese batons
- 9 oz. Chorizo (sausage), cooked
- ¼ bunch fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Line a baking sheet with the peppers, center facing up. Stuff with the cheese batons.
- Add a tbsp. of cooked chorizo to each.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro & enjoy!
Pro Tips for the killer Jalapeno Poppers
Sprinkle a few roasted pumpkin seeds on top for more texture.
For more Mexican recipes, click here!