Make these amazing stuffed dates full of chorizo and bacon goodness, perfect for entertaining guests.
- Servings 12
- 35 mins.
- 12 large dates, pitted
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 package of spicy chorizo, pork or beef
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Mix together the brown sugar and all of your spices in a small bowl.
- If dates are not pitted, remove pits by gently pressing one edge against the heel of a knife. Do not cut all the way through, just make a small incision. Peel slightly open and remove the pit.
- Stuff the dates with about 1-1.5 tsp. of chorizo.
- Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Wrap the stuffed dates in a half strip of bacon.
- Place the dates in the bowl and carefully coat with spice mix. Once coated evenly, set onto baking dish or oven tray with the seal of the bacon facing down.
- Place in oven or toaster oven. Bake until bacon is fully cooked and brown sugar starts to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from toaster oven or oven and let cool for 2 minutes until transferring to a platter. Serve with a toothpick while still warm.
Try using spicy chorizo for an extra layer of flavor.