This mouthwatering chocolate salami is a great idea for a homemade holiday gift!
- Servings 1 pc.
- 9 oz. Digestive Biscuits
- ½ cup Walnuts(or your favorite nuts), coarsely chopped
- 7 oz. Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- Icing Sugar, for coating
Directions to make this chocolate salami
- Put the biscuits in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin until you have small and coarse crumbs.
- Put the chocolate in a large bowl and melt it in a double boiler.
- Add the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cocoa powder and stir. Add the biscuits crumbs into chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Put half of the mixture out on parchment paper or plastic wrap and shape it into a log using.
- Roll up the paper and wrap it like candy. Place in the fridge for several hours until firm. Repeat with the other half.
- After chilling, remove log from the paper, dust with icing sugar from all sides. Cut into pieces and serve.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer. If kept in the freezer, place at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting or serving.
You may also add your favorite chopped candied fruit for extra texture.
Where to get a great chocolate for this recipe?
Recipe by our guest Chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen