Also called elephant ears, this easy puff pastry Chocolate Cinnamon Palmiers Recipe are ideal for afternoon baking, and an excellent afternoon snack idea!
- Servings 16
This palmiers recipe is super easy to make. You can use puff pastry sheets and you’ll be enjoying them just in time for snack o’clock.
Ingredients for Palmiers Recipe
- 1 9×9 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground Mexican cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Mazola® Corn Oil
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
Cooking tools you need to make the Palmiers
- Cutting Board
- Chefs knife
- Sheet tray
- Parchment paper
- Mazola Oil Spray
Chocolate Cinnamon Palmiers Recipe
- 1. Mix brown sugar and mexican cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet. Mix melted butter and heart heatlhy Mazola® Corn Oil together, then
brush the pastry sheet lightly with this mixture. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar evenly over the pastry sheet. Followed by evenly sprinkling chocolate chips or chocolate powder. Cut the pastry sheet in half, lengthwise. Roll the outer edges to meet in the center: they should form a “heart” pattern. Refrigerate for 5 min to cool the dough before cutting them.
- 3. Once the dough feels firm, slice palmiers out of the dough like you are cutting cookies. Place them on a lined and sprayed sheet tray. Brush the palmiers with more of the Mazola® Corn Oil/butter mixture and sprinkle lightly with more of the sugar and cinnamon. You have your chocolate cinnamon palmiers almost ready ! Place them in the refrigerator and chill for 5-7 minutes while you preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 4. Bake the chocolate cinnamon palmiers for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown.
If you are asking yourself “what do you eat with palmiers?”, try them with cream or ice cream, they are perfect to have with coffee or tea! These other desserts are perfect for an afternoon snack.
And for those who wonder if palmiers can be frozen, you’re in luck! This and any other palmier recipe can be frozen. To reheat them, just spread with a brush over a baking sheet a thin layer heart healthy Mazola® Corn Oil and bake your palmiers at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes. There you go! Enjoy extra crispy chocolate cinnamon palmiers.
Want to try baking some more? Check these recipes!
This Palmiers recipe is brought to you by Mazola® Corn Oil. Check out more amazing recipes that you can make with heart healthy Mazola Corn Oil!