Asparagus is the veggie version of that friend that we can always count on. Especially when we want to eat something delicious. Try this Cheese and Asparagus Pie and enjoy while catching up in a video call with an old friend.
- Servings 6
- 1 hour 15'
This Cheese and Asparagus Pie is one of our favorite easy asparagus recipes, perfect for a quick dinner.
Ingredients for the Cheese and Asparagus Pie
- ½ cup of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 onion
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 large free-range eggs
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 sheet of dough
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Chop the asparagus and onions and place them in a large pan over a medium heat with ½ cup of Mazola® Corn Oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook them for 15 minutes or until they’re lightly golden, stirring regularly. Set the mix aside.
- Add the sour cream, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses to the asparagus and onions mix. Mix them well.
- Place the pan with the mix over medium heat again and add the eggs. Stir for 5-10 minutes, until the eggs are well integrated to the blend.
- Roll out the sheet of dough and place it at the bottom of a round baking pan. Pour the mix into it. Lightly shake the bowl so the mix settles evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Take the Asparagus and cheese pie out of the oven.
- Suggestion: You can serve it hot, warm or cold with a nice green salad. Enjoy!
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola® Corn Oil.
Looking for more easy lunch or dinner recipes? Check these out!
Please note that:
Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil.
Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at www.mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.