Cauliflower Kale and Corn Salsa
This delicious and flavorful salsa packs many vitamins and minerals, and it's good enough to eat by itself!
- Servings 2-4
- 40 mins.
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika or 1 tsp. ground Chipotle
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 5 Lacinato Kale Leaves (or any type of kale)
- 1-2 Corn Cobs, boiled in salted water for 5-10 mins.
- Small handful Cilantro
- ½ Lime
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and on top of it baking paper. Place the cauliflower on top of it.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the oil, chipotle powder and salt. Drizzle the chipotle oil over the cauliflower, then wrap it first with the paper then aluminum foil and bake it for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile chop the kale and put it in a skillet. Cover with water, add a pinch of salt and steam it for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the kernels off the cobs, cutting close to the cob, then put them in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, unfold the paper and aluminum foil but make sure to save the juices. Let it cool for a few minutes then transfer it to a cutting board and chop it. Add it to the bowl.
- Squeeze the kale with your hands to dry it and add to the bowl.
- Chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the cauliflower juices into the bowl, squeeze the lime juice in and toss. Taste and correct seasoning and serve.