Make this luxurious and silky flan with the taste and aroma of coffee.
- Servings 6
- 90 mins.
Flan is easily the most popular Latin dessert and has been for many generations. It’s won the hearts of pretty much every Latino, spanning thousands of miles, hundreds of preferences, and people of all ages, sexes, and backgrounds. It’s one of those foods. This sweet is obviously the dessert of the people. To know more, check out our History of Flan article!
- 2.5 cups Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 tbsp. ground Coffee
- 1 Orange, zest
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground Almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground Nutmeg
- 1 egg White
- Dry caramel to decorate
- Boil the milk, cream, coffee and orange zest. Leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and the egg with the sugar until foamy.
- Add the milk, the vanilla, the sugar, the almonds and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mix into individual molds with caramel.
- Bake in low heat oven in water bath for 60 minutes. Leave to cool and serve.
- Finish with a dollop of meringue and decorate with dry caramel.
Pro Tips to get the most delicious coffee flan
Use your favorite blend, but we recommend using Colombian ground beans.