These mouthwatering potato skins are a perfect mid-week snack, and easy to make!
- Servings 4
- 35 mins.
- 1 lb. prepared Carnitas, shredded
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 cup Mexican Crema
- 1 cup Queso Fresco, shredded
- 1 cup Queso Asadero, shredded
- 1 bunch Scallions, sliced thin
- 2 Jalapeño Chiles, sliced thin
- ½ bunch chopped Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash potatoes no need to dry, extra water helps steam them. Poke them in random places with a fork, wrap in foil and roast until tender, usually about 45 min to an hour. Once cooked let them cool at room temp.
- Once cooled enough to the touch to handle, cut them in half and scoop out some of the potato flesh leaving some. Reserve potato flesh for another day.
- Fill skins starting by adding the carnitas and the cheeses. Put back in oven (broiler setting is ideal) until pork crisps back up and cheeses melt beautifully.
- Once out of the oven drizzle with mexican crema and garnish with scallion, cilantro, and lime.