With this easy homemade Carne Asada marinade recipe, you'll no longer wonder how to cook Carne Asada on a skillet or how do you tenderize flank steak.
- Servings 4
This Carne Asada marinade will step up your game of grilled meat!
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
How to prepare the Carne Asada
- Start by combining in a medium bowl heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil, ¼ cup of cilantro, the soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, cumin and 1 teaspoon of pepper for the carne asada marinade. Reserve the other 1/4 cup of cilantro for serving.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine the flank steak and remaining cilantro mixture. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the grill to medium high heat. Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry; and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s time to cook! Add 1 tablespoon of heart healthy* Mazola© Corn Oil to the skillet. Once warm, add the flank steak to cook it, flipping once, until your desired doneness (about 6 minutes per side for medium rare). Let the carne asada rest for 5 minutes.
- While you let the carne asada rest, chop one red onion and one red bell pepper. Then thinly slice the flank steak against the grain.
- Lastly, heat the tortillas and fill them with the carne asada. Then top it with the chopped onions, red bell peppers and the reserved ¼ cup of chopped cilantro.
This recipe is brought to you by Mazola©.
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of corn oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in corn oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, corn oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of corn oil. See www.mazola.com for information about the relationship between corn oil and heart disease.