These mouthwatering lettuce cups are inspired by the flavors of Caribbean food, and are a healthy option for lunch and dinner!
- Servings 2-4
- 20 mins.
- 1 head Iceberg Lettuce, cut in ½, or Butter Lettuce
- 8 oz. Ground Chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Jerk Seasoning
- ⅓ cup Pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup Mango, diced
- ¼ cup Yellow onions, diced
- ⅓ cup Orange Marmalade
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tsp. Ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Peanuts, crushed
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Cilantro, chopped & whole leaves for garnish
- Coconut Oil
- Grate the fresh ginger and prep the fruits for the filling. Dices should be about ¼ inch.
- In a large frying pan pan add the butter, orange marmalade, lime juice, salt and ginger. Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add onion, and cilantro to marmalade mixture. Cook on medium heat until onions start to soften, again stirring frequently.
- Add pineapple, mango, and cilantro. Continue cooking on low while stirring frequently just until the fruits start to soften, but be careful not to let them soften too much. When finished remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan add coconut oil, chicken, and jerk seasoning.
- Cook on medium-high heat just until chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine chicken and marmalade into the pan and fold the ingredients together
- Peel off 1-2 layers of lettuce and fill with mix.
Top with crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro as desired.