Churros! Everyone loves churros and will love them more with this version shaped like a Christmas candy cane.
- Servings 8-10
- 30 mins.
- 1 cup Water
- 2 ½ tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Flower
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Oil to fry
- Sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle
- Heat the water with sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla, incorporate flour and mix well.
- Place the dough in a piping bag.
- Pipe the churros on a tray making a candy cane shape.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer.
- Deep fry the churros, for a minute or until brown. Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Serve with a side of hot chocolate and dulce de leche or cajeta.