A holiday classic enjoyed in Latin America and around the world!
- Servings 4-6
- 1 1/4 lb. French Rolls
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 4 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar + 3/4 cup Sugar for caramel
- 5 Eggs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Raisins
How to make this delicious bread pudding?
- Break apart the French rolls into small pieces and soak in milk for at least 1 hr., until the bread becomes mushy and paste-like.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and raisins. Incorporate with the milk and bread and mix.
- Make a caramel melting 3/4 cup of sugar with the butter in low heat. Transfer to a bundt baking mold coating evenly.
- Pour the pudding mix into the baking mold and double boil for 1 hr. at 350° F.
- Allow to cool down before serving.
Pro Latinx Tip
After serving, add a spoonful of dulce de leche or whipped cream… why not both?
In case you were wondering what is Dulce de leche…
Here is our recipe of this delicious and creamy dessert accompaniment!