A holiday classic enjoyed in Latin America and around the world.
- Servings 4-6
- 1 1/4 lb. French Rolls
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 4 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar + 3/4 cup Sugar for caramel
- 5 Eggs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Dulce de Leche, for garnish
- Break apart the French rolls into small pieces and soak in milk for at least 1 hr., until the bread becomes mushy and paste-like.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and raisins. Incorporate with the milk and bread and mix.
- Make a caramel melting 3/4 cup of sugar with the butter in low heat. Transfer to a bundt baking mold coating evenly.
- Pour the pudding mix into the baking mold and double boil for 1 hr. at 350° F.
- Allow to cool down before serving with a spoonful of dulce de leche.