The classic side dish from the famous Brazilian churrascarías, made easy to enjoy at home.
- Servings 2
- 25 mins.
- 1 large bunch Collard Greens, washed
- ½ lb. Bacon or Pork Belly
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- Lime juice (to taste), about 1 lime
- Black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. Cayenne (optional)
- Cut bacon into small cubes and render in pan on medium low heat until crispy.
- Add garlic into pan with bacon and cook in the fat on medium low heat.
- Once garlic is golden brown add a pinch of cayenne and then add sliced collard greens.
- Turn up heat to medium and stir in greens until they begin to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, black pepper & lime juice.
Replace the bacon with your favorite soy protein for a vegetarian alternative.