Big Eye Tuna Tostada
These exquisite fresh tuna tostadas with thin slices of watermelon are a perfect appetizer for a party.
- Servings 8
- 1 hr.
- 1 lb. sushi-grade Big Eye Tuna
- 1 Cucumber, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1/4 large Red Onion
- 1 1/2 cup Watermelon, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. Rice Caviar
- 7 Habanero Peppers
- 1 Garlic
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Watermelon Radish
- 1/4 White Onion
- Hawaiian Pink Sea Salt, to taste
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 steam of Cilantro
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 8 Corn Tostadas
For the Burned Habanero Sauce:
- Place habaneros, garlic with skin and onion on pan and heat until burned. Remove when they are completely black.
- Blend with 1 cup of vegetable oil salt and black pepper to taste.
For the Tostada:
- Cut the tuna sashimi style. Combine the tuna with the habanero sauce.
- Thinly slice the radish in quarters. Place a thin layer of watermelon atop each tostada, followed by tuna mixture. Then top with cucumber, radish and onion. Pipe out of avocado mousse around the tostada.
- Season to taste.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and rice caviar and serve right away.