Try this vegan alternative to ice cream using frozen ripe bananas, a healthy treat for kids and adults alike!
- Servings 3-4
- 30 mins. + 4 hrs. freeze time
- 3 ripe Bananas
- ¼ cup Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cardamom
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Agave or Maple Syrup or 2 Medjool Dates
- ¾ cup toasted Almonds or Hazelnuts or Peanuts
- Peel and slice the bananas and put them in a freezing bag or container. Put in the freezer overnight or until they are frozen (minimum 4 hours).
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and put them in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients but the nuts and pulse.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula. Pulse until the mixture has the texture of a soft-serve ice cream.
- Put the ice cream in a container and freeze up to two weeks.
To toast the nuts: put them on a baking tray in a 300°F preheated oven for 5 minutes or put them in a skillet over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Let them cool completely before you sprinkle them over the ice cream.