Make these heavenly warm croquetas as a delicious appetizer or as a side dish, everyone will love them!
- Servings 6-8
- 30 mins.
- ½ stick of Butter
- 6 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Milk
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 cups of Breadcrumbs
- 10 oz. can of Crab Meat
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter. Do not let it burn.
- Keeping the flames at medium-low. Add the flour a little at a time as you keep stirring the melted butter. This will form into a dry dough.
- Then slowly pour in the milk, not quit using the entire cup. Pour a little of the milk at a time into the pan while continuing to stir. Each time you add milk keep stirring till the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms into a large shiny ball. Once you have the right consistency remove from stove.
- Drain your can of meat or fish and add into the dough, making sure it is distributed evenly.
- Place dough in a bowl, cover with plastic-wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl and pour a cup or more of breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
- In a large frying pan heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan well.
- Take a piece of dough no bigger than the palm of your hand and roll it into a shape of your choice. Take your little shaped dough and dip it into the egg bowl & then into the bread crumbs bowl to coat evenly.
- Fry each croqueta on all sides evenly until brown. Place fried croquetas on a plate with paper towels to drain some of the oil off.
Serve with garlic aioli or marinara sauce.