This gorgeous and easy quesadilla by our dandy Chef Aarón Sánchez is a dish that you'll want to make time and time again.
- Servings 1-2
- 30 mins.
- 4 oz. Quesadilla Cheese, shredded
- Olive Oil, for cooking
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 individual fresh Squash Blossoms, or 2 cups of sliced Zucchini
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh Epazote, or Cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- 4 ten-inch flour Tortillas
- Heat a large sauté pan with a little oil and sauté the onion, garlic, and the roasted poblano pepper for 5 minutes until the onions have become translucent.
- Then, add the squash blossoms and deglaze with chicken stock.
- Add the epazote or cilantro, and cook for another 5 minutes until squash blossoms have wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- To compose the quesadilla, lay 2 of the tortillas on a flat surface. Distribute the cheese equally on both tortillas.
- Then, spread ½ of the squash blossom filling over the cheese. Cover with the other tortilla, place on heated griddle on nonstick sauté pan with a little oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- When nice and golden brown on each side and cheese has melted, remove and cut into quarters.
Add a dollop of Aarón’s Chipotle Garlic Love on top.