Aarón Sánchez gives us a taste of authentic Latin flavor like never before with a traditional Guacamole recipe with a bold kick of flavor!
- Servings 6
- 1 Serrano Chile
- 1 White Onion
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro
- Juice of 3 Limes
- 4 Avocados
- Pinch of Mexican Oregano
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2-3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Queso Fresco or Queso Cotija
- 1 Radish, sliced
- 1/3 cup Dried Chapulines (Mexican Grasshoppers), optional
- Create a flavor base blending the serrano chile, cut in chunks and keeping the seeds, with 1/2 of the onion, a generous heap of cilantro and the lime juice.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Place in a bowl.
- Season the avocados with salt and oregano, and then mash them all together. Do not mash too smooth.
- Flavor the guacamole with the serrano purée to taste.
- Add finely chopped onion and tomatoes to the guacamole and combine. Season to taste with more salt and oregano.
- Serve with a pinch of queso fresco or queso cotija and sliced radish.
- For authentic Mexican flavor try adding a spoonful of dried chapulines.
- Enjoy with warm tortilla chips and a margarita.
For best results use room-temperature avocados.
Do you want to know more about Chef Aarón Sanchez?
Here are more recipes from him!
Follow the Chef on Instagram