Baking this delirious but easy guava cake will be the surest way to your loved one’s heart! This Cuban recipe will amaze your taste buds!
- Servings 6
- 2 cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup MAZOLA® CORN OIL
- 1 package Guava paste, sliced ½” thin
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
Guava Cake Recipe
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer for 10 minutes or until the mixture triples in volume and forms a ribbon as it falls from the beaters.
- At low speed, drizzle in the MAZOLA® CORN OIL.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the mix in half. Oil an 8×8” pan and add half of the mixture. Add the guava paste slices. Then add the rest of the cake mix on top of the guava squares.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Then take out of the oven and let cool. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into 1″ squares.
Tips for a moist and easy cake with guava sauce
If you want to make a moist cake, make sure you select big eggs….usually, more and bigger yolks mean more fat, which in turn means MORE MOISTNESS!
This cake is also known as Panetela de Guayaba and it’s an excellent buttery cake suitable for dessert, breakfast or even a snack!
Did you know Mazola® Corn Oil may help lower cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil*? * Maki KC, Lawless Al, Kelley KM, Kaden VN, Dicklin MR. Benefits of corn oil compared to extra virgin olive oil consumption on the plasma lipid profile in men and women with elevated cholesterol: results from a controlled feeding trial. J. Clin. Lipidol. January/February 2015 issue. Study sponsored in part by ACH Food Companies, Inc. For more information visit Mazola.com. ©2018 ACH Food Companies, Inc.