Who doesn’t love tortilla chips? They are the best snack to any event: when you have friends or a date over, as an appetizer to a party, to watch a movie at home or at the cinema, among others!
And, in case you didn’t know, United States celebrates the National Tortilla Chips Day every February 24th (yes, they have a day, they are THAT delicious!)
Here is our pick of the best dips and salsas to accompany your tortilla chips!
Melted Queso Dip
Inspired by Tex-Mex cuisine, this gooey and delicious Melted Cheese Dip with fresh tortilla chips will be the life of the party for the next Cinco de Mayo!
Even though this recipe is made with Pepperjack cheese, you can use any other cheese that melts easily. Some of them are:
- Mozzarella Cheese: This is the most popular cheese to melt. We recommend choosing one with good quality, if not the cheese will lose all its flavor when heated.
- Cheddar Cheese: It’s a flexible cheese with a lot of flavor that looks great in gratins and sauces. The good thing about cheddar cheese is that the flavor can vary from mild and delicate to strong and spicy.
- Gruyere Cheese: It’s one of the favorite cheeses to melt. Its flavor varies depending on the maturation time and it’s used as a complement in recipes or as the main ingredient for a fondue.
- Fontina Cheese: It is a soft cheese with a rather sweet flavor. It is used to melt in dips or sauces or grated in pasta.
- Gorgonzola Cheese: It is a very creamy cheese that is excellent for making sauces and one of the best for melting. It brings a lot of personality to recipes due to its unmistakable flavor.
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Everyone needs a good sauce to dip in to be happy, and what’s better than a sauce made with melted cheese and chopped red chorizo? It doesn’t get more Latin than that!
This one called Chorizo Queso Fundido (Melted cheese and chorizo, in English) is an amazing option for your Superbowl Sunday, any dinner party, a get together with friends, to spoil your partner during movie night or just to enjoy by yourself.
You just need some crackers or tortilla chips, and it’s on!
Try this recipe from Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula that is easy enough to make with the kids!
Few ingredients are required to make this Pepitas Salsa and, at the end, you’ll get a smooth, spicy and creamy sauce. The best part of this dip is its grainy texture, which makes each bite an amazing sensation in out mouth.
Coriander is also used in the preparation to give the sauce a lot of freshness. Apart from eating this with tortilla chips, it’s also perfect to accompany a chicken or fish dish!
Corn and Bean Salsa
A fresh, healthy and easy option to accompany your tortilla chips! You could also use this Corn and Bean Salsa as a salad, or as a side dish to your favorite meats.
Did you know? Beans are very nutritious, and although many believe otherwise, they are low in fat and provide minerals, vitamins, proteins, folic acid and other important nutrients. That is why they are recommended foods to include in the diet, especially for vegetarians who can use them as meat substitutes in terms of protein level.
Dip some fresh tortilla chips on this classic and delicious Mexican Tomatillo Salsa!
The flavor of the green tomatillo is slightly more bittersweet than the flavor of ripe tomatoes. It has a slightly watery and dense pulp, and its bright in color that darkens slightly during cooking.
Pro tip on how to remove the bitterness from the tomatillo? Add a teaspoon of sugar when making the sauce! It takes away the acidity.
Cauliflower, Kale and Corn Salsa
This delicious and flavorful Cauliflower, Kale and Corn Salsa packs many vitamins and minerals, and it’s good enough to eat by itself (but we recommend dipping some tortilla chips in there).
If you enjoy recipes with cauliflower, here is our amazing Purple Califlower Salad!
This easy Chickpea Salsa is a healthy way to snack without putting any pounds, a recipe from our guest Chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen.
If you don’t like the texture of this one, you can blend it all together to create a delicious spicy hummus!
Which one of there are you choosing to accompany your tortilla chips?