Bariloche is, for many, one of the most beautiful cities in Argentina. Its location, in the Argentine Patagonia, offers incomparable landscapes that you will find in few places in the world. This city offers a lot to do in absolutely all seasons of the year: It doesn’t matter if it’s cold, hot, snowing or the sun is shining, there is always an adventure to embark on.
Are you thinking of visiting this amazing place? Ok, here we tell you the essential things to do in Bariloche:
1. Nahuel Huapi National Park: Hiking, climbing, adventure sports and even sailing on the lake itself… the Nahuel Huapi National Park is a place where you can spend several days without having a single minute of boredom.
2. Visit the amazing hills (cerros) that surround the city: Bariloche is surrounded by several hills that are perfect for hiking, but above all they are the perfect destination for winter vacations. At this time, the city fills with tourists who love skiing, since Cerro Catedral is located here with the largest ski resort in the southern hemisphere. In addition, you can visit, among others, the Cerro Tronador, the Cerro López and the Cerro Campanario.
3. Get in the car and travel the route of the 7 lakes: In addition to Nahuel Huapi, near Bariloche there are different lakes that you can reach through wonderful routes surrounded by spectacular nature. The one known as the Route of the 7 Lakes is not found in Bariloche, but it is worth moving about 80 kilometers to the north, to the city of Villa La Angostura, to follow this path that leads to the town of San Martín de los Andes. There are a total of 110 kilometers that you can travel by car and, if you wish, some stages on foot, and in which you will find a total of seven lakes of different sizes and colors.
4. Travel by boat to the Bosque de Arrayanes: If you go to this place, you can walk through a peninsula that is full of this species of tree and take some truly beautiful walks that you will enjoy to the fullest no matter how old you are since they do not have much physical demand.
5. Circuito Chico: One of the main activities to do in Bariloche (mainly in the summer season) is the Circuito Chico, a circular route of 65 kilometers that you can do by car or by bicycle. The main attractions of this place are the Villa Llao Llao, surrounded by two lakes, and some viewpoints such as the Escondido Lake, the Arroyo La Angostura Bridge and the Bahía López dock.
6. Take a stroll to Bariloche downtown where you’ll have many amazing things to do: have amazing food, buy artisan chocolate, check out the available tours. Here are some of the recipes that you’ll find in any Argentinian restaurant/bakery!
If you’d like more information about this beautiful place, feel free to visit the official Bariloche’s government website.
There are many more things to do in this wonderful city of Patagonia Argentina, we only give you the most famous ones! To discover them, you will have to visit this paradise.